Last Updated: July 12, 2021
- Your use of this Website, including your submission of information to determine eligibility for the GoodNature™ Stool Donation Program;
- Email and other electronic messages between you and the Company.
Together, we refer to these activities as the “Services.”
To the extent you opt to participate in the GoodNature™ Program, we will obtain your consent to participate through a separate donor agreement and informed consent form, which will further describe the ways in which we use and disclose your health-related and other personal information for the purpose of the GoodNature™ Program.
What information we collect.
Information We Collect Directly from You
We collect certain information directly from you, including:
- Health-related and other personal information that you provide when you submit an eligibility questionnaire through our “Are you eligible?” function, such as your date of birth, sex, height, weight, waist size, alcohol and/or drug use, history of smoking, information regarding the medications you take, information about your bowel movements, history of gastrointestinal disease, pregnancy status, and other information relating to your medical or health issues.
- Profile information that you provide when you express interest in becoming a poop donor, such as your name, zip code, telephone number, and email address.
Information That We Collect Automatically
If you do not want a cookie placed on your hard drive or mobile device, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Website and/or Services may not function properly.
Do Not Track.
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by Website and online Website. The Company and the Website do not recognize DNT signals.
How we use your information.
We may use your personal information for various purposes, including:
- To analyze information about your health status and determine if you are eligible to participate as a poop donor in the GoodNature™ Program.
- To otherwise provide, maintain, and improve our Services.
- To create anonymized and aggregated data sets that may be used for a variety of functions, including internal analysis, analytics, and other functions.
- To communicate with you about the Services, and any health and/or diagnostic information we’ve collected about you, and to send you details or updates about features of the Services or changes to our policies.
- To contact you regarding your donations, including inquiring whether you would be interested in continuing to participate in the donation program or donate over a longer period of time.
- With your opt-in permission, we may (i) provide you with news and updates about GoodNature’s work and research, including opportunities to volunteer, meet patients, donate again or participate in future research and development work; (ii) send you surveys to collect feedback about your experience with GoodNature™ in order to improve our donor experience; and (iii) send you questionnaires and surveys about your lifestyle, diet, or environment for use in research and product development. You are permitted to opt out of any such communications at any time.
- To notify you about changes to our Services.
- To provide customer service or support.
- To monitor usage of the Services.
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues.
- To comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies.
- To protect our rights, your rights, and the rights of others, and to meet our own high standards of business practice.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so.
How we share your information.
We share your personal information that we have collected with the following persons/entities and in the following circumstances:
- Legal Compliance and the Protection of Our Rights. We will share information with regulators, government authorities, and third parties where we believe it is necessary to comply with a court order, subpoena, or regulatory request. We may disclose information when we believe in good faith that such disclosures will support our detection of, prevention of, or response to fraud or intellectual property infringement; help protect your safety or security; or protect the safety and security of the Website, the Services, or any individual.
Security and data retention.
We have implemented safeguards to help secure your personal information. Despite these protections, however, we cannot guarantee that your data will never be compromised. You should take measures to protect your personal information. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Choices and access.
If you do not want to receive marketing-related emails or other types of messages from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out by following the instructions in the relevant electronic communication. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative and Service or transaction-related messages, which you cannot opt out of.
The Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or provide any information about yourself to us through the Services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important notice to non-US residents.
The Website and the Services are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By accessing the Website and using the Services, and/or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer.
- Address: GoodNature™ Program, Seres Therapeutics, 200 Sidney Street, Cambridge, MA 02139
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 617.945.9626